Part Two of a Three Part Series
In the last blog, we talked about how low back pain is managed in the US. Today, we are going to discuss evidence-based and practice-based measures of effective low back treatment. The evidence shows us that there are specific criteria to indicate which treatment is best.
Appropriate for a manipulation?
For acute low back pain, spinal manipulation is appropriate if :
1. the duration of the current episode is 16 or less,
2. there are no below the knee,
3. the FABQ (Fear avoidance belief questionnaire) is less than 19,
4. they do not have more than one hypomobile segment in their spine,
5. and they have adequate hip internal rotation (>35 degrees)Continue reading “How to Understand and Eliminate Low Back Pain (Part 2)”